Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our Journey

      Yes another journey…We're full of lot’s of them lately but this is the biggest journey of all. I have been dreaming of this day for a very , very long time.. Ever since I can remember my sister and I would play barbies and we would pretend to have a family and children and mine always consisted of a mom , dad and there was always a adopted child and she always had brown skin.. I feel that from a young age I knew what my journey in life would lead to I have just never knew when the right timing would come….  Ryan and I have talked about adopting for many years and It never seemed like the right timing. We both feel really strongly that this is the right time , Adoption is a process and it takes awhile to get everything in line so we feel that it’s perfect timing it will put Rhett and the youngest child close enough to play and be friends, we have also decided from researching the country that we are going to adopt a infant and toddler sibling group.  This is a HUGE leap of faith we are doing and we realize that there will be a lot of cost , but we feel that thru faith that god will lead the way and bring his children to us and that money shouldn't be a obstacle for a child who is in need of a family so we are hoping that we will have help from friends and family.. Money adds up very fast so with the help of everyone and fundraisers we will be doing we will be able to bring our children home .

     Those who aren’t familiar with adoption , We have ALOT of paperwork to do!! Before we can even get put on the waiting list. The Paper work can take anywhere from 2months-6months, I'm leaning towards getting on the list by spring but we will see. Then after we get on the list the average wait time for a match is 8months, then there is the court wait times so we are looking at year..It’s a super long process but its like a dream for me I’ve been waiting for a long time to do this, My kids are super excited as well they realize that it’s going to take a long time, but they are excited today Taij’a went to Wal-Mart with her Halloween money (Thanks Grandma Shellie) And she picked out a baby doll and said, “Mom I’m getting the cute brown baby because she will be like my sister and she needs some babies that look like her.” I couldn’t be prouder “I love her and couldn’t be prouder . Well that's it for now. We are waiting to get our phone call for orientation then we will get the stack of paperwork and begin this process. I will be keeping everyone updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment